Benefits of Gymnema Sylvestre
Posted on June 12 2020
Details on the benefits of Gymnema Sylvestre
Gymnema Sylvestre is a herb native to India and parts of Africa wherein it is used to manage blood sugar levels in the body. Due to its extremely bitter taste in Ayurveda, it is also known as "Gurmar" as in sweetness destroyer. It helps to keep our blood and pancreas healthy!
The herbal extract in sufficient dosage of at least 500mg twice daily before food assists in the following ways. Here are 7 such supportive mechanisms of action of the herbal extract:
- It helps by blocking the sugar receptors on our tongue thereby increasing our sensitivity towards sugar and reducing its cravings.
- It also helps in blocking the sugar receptors in our intestines thereby reducing our post meal sugar spike in the bloodstream.
- It assists the Pancreas in the regeneration of insulin producing islet cells thereby supporting the mechanism for insulin production which is so very required when there is increased intake of sugar.
- It is important to note that with the sugar lowering mechanisms of Gurmar or Gymnema Sylvestre herb extract will shall be need to adjust sugar medication in case the person consuming this is on sugar lowering or insulin adjusting drugs. Please speak to your physician about this and regularly monitor it.
- Studies have shown that the mechanism of action of Gymnema Sylvestre extract combined with Metformin produced a more profound effect in blood sugar lowering than Metformin alone. Please do this combination under guidance of a physician.
- Gymnema Sylvestre extract reduces triglycerides and bad LDL cholesterol and helps boost good HDL cholesterol taken over a period of 8 weeks.
- Taken in combination with Curcuma Curcumin 95%, Gymnema Sylvestre extract helps those on a workout, fitness or a weight loss diet regiment by reducing weight around the belly and getting rid of stubborn belly fat.
- Studies have shown that Gymnema over a period of 8 weeks helps reduce 5 to 6% of belly fat.